Title: Surplus Lines Tax Administrative Assistant
Come join the best team in the business!
This is an excellent temp-to-hire opportunity for anyone looking to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing insurance compliance services company!
ACCEL Compliance is a dynamic, rapidly growing organization that helps insurance agents and brokers manage their compliance obligations. From our offices in West Hartford Center, we have become the nation’s pre-eminent provider of outsourced compliance management solutions for insurance agents and brokers. ACCEL’s team features a strong core of insurance compliance specialists. With our rapid growth, we are always looking for smart, organized, and energetic people to join the team.
About the Opportunity
Surplus Lines Tax Compliance services is one of the fastest growing sectors in the U.S. jobs market. This is a unique opportunity for qualified candidates to gain experience and grow with our company. ACCEL has developed specialized software tools and mentoring programs that enable us to provide hands-on training to new analysts. We provide a fast-paced but friendly workplace with opportunities for all team members to grow and advance in the organization, and offer a flexible work environment, including full-time and work-from-home opportunities. This position is a full time in-office temp-to-hire opportunity expected to become a permanent position within 6 months for the ideal candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Acting as administrative support to the surplus lines tax team – mainly focused on data export of client-provided data into our proprietary software platform
- Assisting in the management of the surplus lines tax compliance needs of ACCEL’s clients
- Conducting research and analysis of surplus lines regulatory and compliance issues
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Proficient in internet and online research
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as a copy machine, printer, scanner, and computer
- Accurate typing skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills with knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation usage
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Excellent organizational skills with an eye for details
- Ability to be flexible to adapt and act quickly when urgent matters require it
- Ability to work and maintain patience with diversified individuals of various ethnic backgrounds and professional competencies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to represent the Firm in various forums to foster the desires and image of the firm in the community
What You Can Offer To ACCEL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new programs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must work collaboratively in team setting while independently managing assignments
If you are committed to helping us help our clients, we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Again, we’re more interested in people that want to make a difference than those who simply check all the boxes.
What ACCEL Can Offer To You
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunity
- 401(K) contributions and profit sharing
- Medical, Dental, & Vision plans
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Flexible Time Off
But really, ACCEL Can Also Offer You
- Sophisticated and challenging work
- A team that is committed to its clients but also to each other
- A progressive work environment
Please send a cover letter and resume to ACCEL via the form below.