Title: Administrative Assistant
Come join the best team in the business!
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing insurance compliance services company!
ACCEL Compliance is a dynamic, rapidly growing organization that helps insurance agents and brokers manage their compliance obligations. From our offices in West Hartford Center, we have become the nation’s pre-eminent provider of outsourced compliance management solutions for insurance agents and brokers. ACCEL’s team features a strong core of insurance compliance specialists. With our rapid growth, we are always looking for smart, organized, and energetic people to join the team.
The position is responsible for providing support to the Accounting Manager and Compliance Team as well as office support. The administrative assistant will handle general office tasks and administrative duties including mailing, data entry, and office supply management. The ideal candidate is highly organized and detail-oriented to keep our office running smoothly and efficiently. This is a great opportunity to assist our employees with diverse projects and provide general administrative support.
- Expense tracking for various clients
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable support
- Quality Control and other support to Compliance Analysts
- Performing Administrative and Clerical duties as assigned
- Supply Inventory and General Office tasks
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Proficient in internet and online research
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as a copy machine, printer, scanner, and computer
- Accurate typing skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills with knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation usage
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Excellent organizational skills with an eye for details
- Ability to be flexible to adapt and act quickly when urgent matters require it
- Ability to work and maintain patience with diversified individuals of various ethnic backgrounds and professional competencies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to represent the Firm in various forums to foster the desires and image of the firm in the community
What You Can Offer To ACCEL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new programs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must work collaboratively in team setting while independently managing assignments
Motivated candidates interested in a career change and recent college graduates with an interest in compliance services will be considered for the position.
If you are committed to helping us help our clients, we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Again, we’re more interested in people that want to make a difference than those who simply check all the boxes.
What ACCEL Can Offer To You
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunity environment
- 401(K) contributions and profit sharing
- Medical, Dental, & Vision plans
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Flexible Time Off
But really, ACCEL Can Also Offer You
- Sophisticated and challenging work
- A team that is committed to its clients but also to each other
- A progressive work environment
Please send a cover letter and resume to ACCEL via the form below.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.