Title and Job Description: PROJECT MANAGER
Come join the best team in the business!
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing insurance compliance services company!
ACCEL Compliance is a dynamic, rapidly growing organization that helps insurance agents and brokers manage their compliance obligations. From our offices in West Hartford Center, we have become the nation’s pre-eminent provider of outsourced compliance management solutions for insurance agents and brokers. ACCEL’s team features a strong core of insurance compliance specialists. With our rapid growth, we are always looking for smart, organized, and energetic people to join the team.
About the Opportunity
ACCEL Compliance offers services and software solutions to our insurance agency clients. The Project Manager will support and drive critical projects across all aspects of the enterprise, including:
- New customer onboarding
- Internal software development/IT projects
- Customer-specific software development projects
- Other critical strategic project initiatives
Our systems are used by our internal team and directly by clients to manage government mandated insurance regulations. We are constantly seeking to improve these tools to meet the requirements of internal users and clients and to ensure our leadership position in the industry. We are seeking a project management professional who can effectively coordinate and drive projects involving multiple stakeholders, including: operations (users), sales & marketing (regarding customer requirements), internal software developers, senior leadership and customers.
In addition to software-related projects, the Project Manager may be called upon to lead other strategic projects to support ACCEL’s business growth.
We provide a fast-paced but friendly workplace with opportunities for all team members to grow and advance in the organization, and offer a flexible work environment, including full-time and work-from-home opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of multiple projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and relevant stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize potential risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Proven working experience in project management (3-5 years). This may include project management as a core part of another non-PM job.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience with project management software tools
- Experience in the insurance industry and/or software/IT industry is a plus but not essential.
What You Can Offer To ACCEL
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new programs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must work collaboratively in team setting while independently managing assignments
If you are committed to helping us help our clients, we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Again, we’re more interested in people that want to make a difference than those who simply check all the boxes.
What ACCEL Can Offer To You
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunity environment
401(K) contributions and profit sharing
- Medical, Dental, & Vision plans
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Flexible Time Off
But really, ACCEL Can Also Offer You
- Sophisticated and challenging work
- A team that is committed to its clients but also to each other
- A progressive work environment
Please send a cover letter and resume to ACCEL via the form below.